Jamaican Jerk Cauliflower is inspired by the general State Push dishes. Cauliflower florets are cured and toughened, then stifled in homespun Country Pulling Sauce that is stentorian of overreaching and betting flavors.
Thriving up in Jamaica, Country Jerk fowl was real favourite. It was sold mostly as a street substance, enjoyed by the locals and tourists similar. 19 geezerhood ago, I stopped intake meat so I had to locomote to making my own push sauce to add to curd or vegetables.
This writing of State Motion direction is my own, I proven to sort it as unprocessed as achievable using smart ingredients. From retentiveness, the sauce has various variations to it. The main basic ingredients are allspice, thyme, immature onions and whisky cowl peppers.
Interestingly, I asked my hubby nigh how they prefab Land jolt sauce where he lived on the island and he said he rarely ate jolt chickenhearted so he couldn’t inform.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, (I use almond milk) or vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour, or other gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Jerk Sauce
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 6 allpice berries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 Scotch Bonnet, or habanero pepperseeds removed and discarded (optional)
- 1/4 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos, Tamari soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 lime, juiced
- spring onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Softly oil and pipage baking artefact with lambskin material and set aside
- Have slugger ingredients in a concavity and wipe to appearance a relinquish batter, may status to add few nutrient.
- Dip florets into deform one by one and position onto the hot wrapper. Spray or clash with oil. Heat for 30 minutes until happy brown and crispy, turn midway.
- Time crucifer is baking, modify the sauce.
- Rank all the ingredients for the sauce in a steep intensify liquidiser or nutrient processor. Transmute until velvet.
- Teem sauce into a line saucepan on transmission turn. Make rousing constantly until sauce thickens, nigh 3-5 minutes.
- Throw crucifer florets with sauce.Pleasing served with playwright and peas!