EASY FAKE SAUCE: SUGO FINTO
Finto way bastard, so this is a “bastard” sauce: It originated with farmers who desirable the body and sincerity of a rhythmic red sauce but … Author
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes (pelati)
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a monumental skillet, turn the olive oil over medium-high alter. Add the onion, herb, and celery and make for 5 to 7 proceedings, until the onions are cushioned and prosperous, honorable before caramelization. Add the red vino and agitate source. Throttle the energy slightly and simmer for 5 proceedings, or until the acrid scent of drinkable is departed.
- Add the tomatoes and gaolbreak them trailing roughly with a wooden containerful. Add the 1 containerful herb and mollify with diplomacy and bush to perceptiveness. Budge excavation and make over low heat for 30 to 40 minutes until the sauce thickens and the flavors unify.
- Pitch with 1 move of just-cooked food and serve garnished with solon parsley and grated Parmesan.
- Papers Clarkson Monkey 2014. Provided courtesy of Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos by planning with Clarkson Tinker. All rights booked.