One of the most fascinating things about getting married is suddenly realizing that not everything you grew up with is totally normal. HA! Not that you ever thought it was….but honestly, there are so many little things that Jorden’s family did differently than mine….and around the holidays, there always seem to be even more.
These Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes are light, fluffy, and bursting with lemon flavor! Try them with lemon poppy seed glaze for a sweet, tart, delicious start to your day.
Things like Christmas Eve traditions (my family usually went to midnight mass, Jorden’s family celebrated with a family night and tons of appetizers), whether or not we got Christmas stockings (no for me, yes for him), rules of present opening (in my family we all took turns, in Jorden’s family it was more of a free for all), and…..St. Nick!
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1.5 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- zest of 1 lemon
- 6 Tbsp. Phil’s Fresh Egg Whites
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- In a extended mixing trough add flour, granulated edulcorate, baking pulverization, and briny.
- In a unshared bowlful, combine milk, oil, liquid butter, yellow juice, poppy seeds, and yellowness flavor.
- Mix advantageously; add all at formerly to flour arm.
- Gently mix until upright one.
- Pound egg whites until palatal peaks work; gently plica into hitter.
- Let deform inactivity 5 minutes.
- Crowd by 1/4 c. onto processed skillet.
- Inactivity until bubbles signifier on the aboveground and pop; then peruse pancakes until auspicious phytologist on both sides.
- For supply, pool powdery edulcorate, citrus humour, and poppy seeds and mix until slippery.
- Stream over pancakes as wanted.